Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Double Indemnity


We recently just finished viewing our first of 3 films in the film noir category, Double Indemnity. I was very pessimistic going into this film, I had never seen a film noir and had only heard of Sin City as being somewhat good. This film blew all my expectations away, i loved it. Just the way everything flowed, with so much suspense built by walter's voice over to keys and keys figuring out the plan but not who that other somebody is, this movie was absolutely fantastic. I must say it completely opened the doors for me to go out and see more film noir now, i look forward to seeing Sin City, which i hear is just like this kind of a theme, but newer and a little more updated. Our next film is Kiss Me Deadly, which im sure will be just as outstanding a film as Double Indemnity. Thanks to this film I now am eager to learn more about Film Noir and definitely eager to watch more from this epic genre of films.

No comments: