Monday, February 25, 2008

1. I think that theme, among many other things, is very important in writing. All great pieces of literature that I have read have dwelved into some territory of human emotion or feeling that have centralized the novel as a whole. These kind of ideas are often seen in movies and television, where the characters come to a realization or the plot as a whole portrays something the author or director wants to convey personally to the reader or audience. Theme is something that holds these works together and without it, the overall product would not be complete.

2. A theme that I have thought about communicating through my play is that of greed and materialism and the significance of both on our american culture and society today. So many people are rooted upon these thwo things, of having the most stuff and always wanting and feeling that need for more. I hope to demonstrate on the fulness of life and how not all of these things are important. This kind of a theme is important to me because it is something that I have struggled with in the past and have overcome personally.

3. There are a couple of different ideas that I have come up with for my short play. The first is that of two friends both competing with one another for a girl, going through hilarious antics in order to be able to go out with her. The second is a similar idea however it is that of two friends competing for a career or job, falling to the same routine.

No comments: