Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Creative Writing Questions

1. Reading is very important to an author, in my opinion. When it comes to sports the only way to get better is to practice and play with people who are better then you. The same kind of philosophy comes with many things. It can be applied to school work as well in the sense that you only get smarter by studying more diffucult things and in juggling, you only get better by practicing or trying more difficult patterns or number of objects. For a writer, they can read these masterpieces of literature any time they want to try and gather ideas or way's of writing that they had not thought of prevoiusly, not to mention these reading's are generally enticing.

2. Many things are different then what I think should be concerning my peers, America, and the world. Most blatant in my opinion is all of the underage drinking and some drug use thats used between people my age across the country, not just here in Edina. Its startling when you realize how many people actually drink often under the age of 21, especially in high school students as young as freshman. I feel that something like that is really inappropriate for someone my age.

3. Pink Floydd's Wish You Were Here is a song that has inspired me very much so over the years. I learned to play it on guitar in the 8th or 9th grade and through its lyrics and chords lead me to feel as if I wanted to accomplish so much more with all of the time that I have been given.

No comments: